How It Works
- Simply send the measurements to us (see “How to Measure” below). YCC will send you a free quote.
- Feel free to send us an existing floor plan designed by another company.
- Send us a list of desired cabinets.
- Include finish, door style, and wood species.
- List desired accessories such as roll-out trays, pull-out trash cans, spice racks, wine racks, etc.
- If you decide to purchase, the following will be required:
– 1/3 deposit
– 1/3 in 30 days
– 1/3 C.O.D.
How To Measure
YCC recommends that you follow the simple steps listed below to create a sketch of your floor plan.
- Draw a sketch of the intended room.
- Measure every wall, beginning at the left corner, to the far right corner. Write down the total measurement in inches.
- Go back and measure from the left corner to the edge of any opening, such as a window or door.
- Measure across the opening from outside edge of trim to outside edge of the trim.
- Measure from that trim edge to the far wall. Go back and total the measurements from steps 3, 4 and 5. They should equal the measurement in step 2.
- Mark on your sketch, the exact location of the sink, water & gas lines, wall switch & receptacles and any other obstructions in the room. Be sure to measure to the center of these and not the edge.
- Measure from the floor to the bottom of your windows and write it down.
- Next, measure from the bottom of the window to the top of the window remembering to measure from the outside edge of the trim.
- Measure from the top of the window to the ceiling and write it down.
- Measure from the floor to the ceiling. Total the measurements from steps 7, 8 and 9. They should equal this measurement.
- Measure the width of any doors from the outside of trim to outside of trim.
- Indicate on your sketch how each door swings (in to or out of the room and note which side the hinge is on).
- Measure all other walls following steps 2 through 12. Measure all walls even if you do not intend on putting cabinets on them. This is important for us to present you with a proper design.
- If this is a kitchen, measure all appliances such as stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and sink.
- Re-check your work. The measurements need to be accurate for the cabinetry to fit correctly.
- Download the PDF brochure to use as a guideline.